Monday 7 March 2011

Emerging from the Winter's sleep


And the first blossom of Spring signalling that the year is moving on a great gallop.

However: I seemed to have stopped galloping for the moment. I was alright up until the beginning of February, but then I seemed to come to a stop. As if traffic lights had suddenly appeared and flashed themselves onto red, which halted me in my tracks. And then I caught a cold, which further sunk me. All effort ceased.

But the good news is that drizzles of energy are seeping into me, although not a lot. But at least I am starting to pick up the pace again, although feel far from doing a gallop just yet. Anyway, that is why I have not blogged. When I am flatlining words evaporate. And in my head space there is this sort of warm emptiness which is actually quite relaxing. As if my head has gone on holiday for a while.

Yesterday, though, the old familiar urge to write started perching itself in my head again. So here I am, having had a bit of a rest, and saying hi to you all, and hoping that February has been a good month for you, and hoping that the rest of the year is full of doings which make you smile and make you feel glad to be alive.

We have two new additions to the family, but I will tell you about them in the next blog.

Saying 'Bye for now'......


Yippee!!! Spring is on its way, because the trees are bursting into blossom. Yipppeeee!!!!


8 comments:

Diane said...

I have certainly had enough of winter and am looking forward to warm sunny days! Now I am inquisitive, I want to know who the new additions are :))) Diane

Vera said...

Ahha! Done the vid to introduce them, but have to write the blog! Nice to be in contact again!

Roz said...

Hi Vera - welcome back- I've missed you!! :0)x
and I want to know what the new additions are too!!xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Vera,
So glad you are writing again Vera, and that you are well, I sent you some prayers along the way.
January and February were horrid so roll on the Spring.
Best wishes, Ondine

Anonymous said...

P.S. The word verification for today was "trally" which could be the chorus for a springtime song!!
Ondine xx

Jean said...

Nice to see you back again, Vera. I bet it's more chickens.

Vera said...

Hi Roz!: Love your new polytunnel, popped into your blog last night but didn't have time to leave a message. Glad to see the new workroom is going up a treat as well.

Hello Ondine: Thanks for the prayers. Must admit to being a tad in the doldrums for a while, so everything helped. And 'trally' is a super duper word, and indeed suits a springtime song!

Hi Jean: Ummm, nope! I mean yes! No I don't! Chickens arrive Saturday, and are not living here yet!

DUTA said...

Hi Vera.
It's good to hear from you.
February is usually a nasty month. Glad we're already in March, the beginning of Spring.
Looking forward to your new posts.
Blessings and hugs to you!